Before You Begin
- Otto will need to contact our license server occasionally. It will have to be available through your firewall, BEFORE your run the installer.
- This is the URL to our license server - https://edd-sl-proxy.geistgate.com
- if you visit that in a browser, from the server you are installing on you should get a success message.
- Otto uses Port 3030. You'll need to open that Port on your server or network Firewall. You will need that port open in order to use Otto.
Installing on Your FileMaker Server
Windows Users. Otto requires that FileMaker Server is installed on the C:/ Drive.
Otto must run on your FileMaker Server. It can't run on a separate server. Log into your server and move the Otto Installer for Mac or Windows on to your server. Then do the following:
- If you have previously installed Otto, please run the Uninstaller first.
- Download the installer for your platform.
- Run the installer.
Open a Browser
After the installer is done, while still on the server open your browser to localhost:3030. If your FileMaker Server has a valid cert, Otto will 'ottomatically' use SSL. So you'll need to use "https" not "http".
If it will not load over HTTP, your SSL cert probably be required.
Accept the certificate warning if you get one.
If you connect through https://localhost:3030 your valid ssl certificate will still not be considered secure since 'Localhost" is not a valid name for the certification so it accept it. After you connect you should see Otto's login screen.
Use the FileMaker Server Admin Console username and password to Login to Otto. Once you do you should get a warning telling you to install your license. Then you will end up on the screen to add your license.
License and Sudo Password On Macs
Use the forms provided on that screen to enter your license. If you are on a Windows Machine you will not see the second Card. It is only required on Mac. On Macs we need a password for an account that can use Sudo. So it is really "root" it is just an account that can use sudo.
After entering your license and your sudo user your screen should look like this. Remember Windows servers will not even see the second card.